Exterior of Cus Cafe
Commissioner of Customs with senior officials of the formation
Commissioner of Customs with the invited dignitaries
Inauguration of Cus Cafe by the Principal Chief Commissioner Shri Pullela Nageswara Rao
The Customs work in Cochin Port has been in existence for over one and half century. Before 1947, the centre of activity of Customs work was at Fort Cochin formerly known as British Cochin. With the gradual development of Cochin Port, the Willingdon Island, an artificial Island constructed by Lord Willingdon became the hub of activity and the Custom House was shifted from Fort Cochin to Willingdon Island in 1956. The Customs Department was under the administrative control of the Collector of Central Excise, Madras.Department's own building was constructed during 1956 and since then the Custom House commenced ...